Search This Blog

Monday 16 November 2009

Teachers TV - a resource and an idea source

http://www.teachers.tv/search?q=dance

If you have not become a fan of Teachers TV - this is your chance - it films good practice in schools... but some of the ideas are transferable outside of that specific context. See what you think and comment please... I have connected to dance but they have lots of different subject areas. The scenarios are filmed professionally, but some of this practice might give you some ideas for project work OR documenting project work (media work can take longer than you think to plan, resource and implement).


Paula

2 comments:

  1. Paula, just had a look at the teachers.tv website and its very interesting and very benefitial for me to watch. I watched the video that you liked, dance at the Gallions. Think its fantastic that schools are introducing the arts more into lessons, allowing the children to be creative,inspired and motivated to learn more. Thankyou for introducing me to this website. Im going to have a look at some of the primary school videos which will give me a real insight into the classroom environment.Although I teach performing arts to primary children I don't have a lot of experience in the classroom so this will be great for me to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Michelle - yes I think the site is very professionally done - it is almost overwhelming at times the amount of learning that goes on! I am interested as a researcher (professional inquiry) in lifelong learning which talks about formal and informal learning from childhood to adulthood - so having this resource has been useful. Cheers Paula

    ReplyDelete