Search This Blog

Friday 2 March 2012

Special Interest Groups SIGs

We discussed at the campus session using the blogs and Facebook for the special interest groups and many had also thought of using Linked In for their open groups because of ease of access. Linked In is a professional site that is free to join.

Here is the web address to sign up…
http://www.linkedin.com/static?key=what_is_linkedin&trk=hb_what


Emily has started an open group on Linked In called:

Welcome!
Hi to anybody that has decided to join.
I thought this would be a great way to discuss our lines of inquiry. Its great as it's separate from facebook so we won't be distracted and also we can all submit things to the site instead of commenting on the blogs. Hope to hear from people soon so that we can get discussing our ideas and questions, Emily x

Lisa has started an open group called:

A new Theatre company to be set up
Hello Group! I thought I should start by looking at other companies starting off in the business and this article caught my eye. Let me now what you think.

Lily has already started a close Facebook group for education 
and theatre directing


and Sarah Pearson was going to start one for Education on Linked In.

Please send invitations to Paula and she will put them up on the noticeboard. I have done something that noticeboard does not like - so bear with me as I get them up...

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that someone has found the discussion board on Linkedin useful as I tried my self a while ago to post it on my blog :(http://laurasinigaglia.blogspot.com/2011_11_01_archive.html)

    Unfortunately no-one from my course seemed to follow my idea...it's a great tool to exchange comments especially for what happen to us with the FB SIG that got taken off the social network cite and we lost a good chunk of material for our second module final evaluation..(shame)...

    I will join some of the discussion that you mentioned paula as I think that no matter what module we are on, we could find great and valuable ideas coming from others people's opinion and experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this, Laura, I have now joined Linked in too, you're right, it seems not many are signed up yet.

    Although we have mentioned we can all easily get distracted on Facebook, the fact that so many of us are signed up to it is fairly influential I think. The previous dicussions board on there was really so useful. Some really interesting conversations were developing. Therefore, I have set up a page for us to try and repeat this process.

    Hopefully between Linked In, and Facebook, we can continue to share thoughs on our inquiry process.


    The link to the page is

    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/Middlesex-University-BAPP-Page/268455089898820?notif_t=page_new_likes

    ReplyDelete