Search This Blog

Tuesday 15 February 2011

Teaching Singing and Wellbeing

Interesting study that I got from reading the BBC website - as you can see I look at this site a lot. The Institute of Education in London does a lot of research so it may be one to google in future. Look around for ideas and sources for your questions to see what has been 'out there' and you may find some sources that you can use for critical analysis in WBS3835. Link below:

Singing


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. This is a very interesting read for me, thanks for the post Paula. This is something I have been thinking about since I have an inept ability to memorise all sorts of things in a matter of minutes. My mother can't believe how I remember things and hold a catalog of thousands of songs in my long term memory. If I hear a song, I will know the words within a couple of plays, which is obviously something that my brain has been trained to do since a very early age... comes in very useful when preparing for an audition which is the next day!!! I absolutely corroborate the findings of the article and would be interested to learn more about the effects of Singing on a young brain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paula,
    Mark directed me to the link on your blog. Very interesting and is a part of the line of inquiry i am developing.
    I wonder what the affects of using dance, drama AND singing in schools would be? To boost confidence and develop different sides of the brain.

    ReplyDelete