Search This Blog

Tuesday 24 April 2012

Advice on drafts and feedback process

I just went to my Birkbeck graduation today - good fun - and a great hat...

Harvard referencing is not a great mystery - it is in the programme handbook. As I have been saying to people - it is to give credit where credit is due - citations let people know the source of information - and to share with others - so they can look up the information you have briefly mentioned in whatever you are communicated OR to read the original source!

Look at the Module tabs for links to information about how to do things... If you want written feedback - you need to send in the things that will be assessed now - we have a lot to read and do not give written feedback in the last week. My best advice is to re-read the Module Handbook now - any questions - email phone or Skype your adviser.

ADDED - As the Addendum sheets points out the scheduled blog feedback - it is difficult for advisers to go to all the blogs now as they are giving written feedback - however - continue blogging and talk with peers!

What else - rewards to keep the panic attacks to a minimum. I usually have mini-panic attacks but the adrenaline helps me get things done. Caffeine works for me. Preparation.

I am reading things again on Thursday so will be getting back drafts asap. PLEASE everyone send in drafts by the end of the week. Get in touch after this to chat about the feedback if that is helpful.

I put up some info about re-enrolling and fees on the Libguide - but please concentrate on your studies now. I am getting information together about the new semester in the autumn and will be posting and sending out emails. Fees for this semester were due in January. If you have any other specific questions - please send me an email so that I can look into it.

Good luck with all the work - I have been reading some very interesting ideas.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Paula,
    Can we skype tomorrow? any tme at all? I am way behind,have just started part 3 and there is no chance I will have a draft started until I finish this part 3. Am beginning to panic.Can I send in a draft by next Wed ??
    Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I have emailed you. Skype is on as I write this. It is sometimes hectic getting things in by the deadline - so connecting for a chat with an adviser is helpful... Talk to to you soon.

    ReplyDelete