Search This Blog

Wednesday 3 November 2010

Time and Honey and Mumford

I have entitled this entry time because I never have enough of it! You too may feel that way. This might be connected to the way I learn. Honey and Mumford describe learners as activist, theorist, pragmatist and reflectors. Because I am a reflector (all categories apply at one the or another) it takes me a longer time to think things through because I actually enjoy the process and so it take me longer to finish things I am am doing.

To counteract this, I need to manage my time carefully. I have diaries, and calendars, and reminder boards etc. Other people might have some more unique ways of dealing with time?

Try this University of Leicester website for Honey and Mumford information.

So what type of learner are you. How are you managing your work for the course?

There is no right answer but managing time is difficult and fitting in extra bits always takes longer than you think. So when you get something done, give yourself a little gift... No, I mean it. After you have completed one of the tasks actually stop and celebrate the progress that has occurred. I watch old movies ... when I have the time


Look at Natalie's blog reflective day - I think it gives a good sense of time.


It does not take the time factor away but it does work. Professionals are busy people and there is never enough time. For example for this course - go to Libguides on the 3002 tab to make sure you have the information you need to complete the portfolio.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment