Now is a good time for a review - don't panic if you are behind - we have two 'extra' weeks at Easter.
The inquiry plan itself can be sent to your adviser - I would say at the beginning of Week 10 if not before - it is the week of the 7th of April. EASTER is the next week so if you send it at the end of the week your adviser won't have time to look at it.
After this you can receive oral feedback - but this is your chance to get written feedback.
Study period 3rd February – 9th May 2013 (12 weeks) SO
WEEK 1 IS THE 3rd of Feb
WEEK 10 IS THE 7th April
Easter 2 weeks 14 /4/13 and 22/4/13
Final WEEK 12 5th of May. We normally only give oral feedback this week.
Submission 13th May (Tuesday)Part 4
Duration of study and feedback p. 13
Formative feedback will be given to you on all the above via staff blogs by the end of
Duration and feedback p. 16
The four tasks you should do associated with professional ethics should be
accomplished during weeks 4-6. Formative feedback will be given to you on all the
above via staff blogs by the end of week 6.
My best advice on Reader 5 - scan this but look more carefully at place 20 - which talks about what you need to do for your inquiry. You need to think about your professional ethical knowledge combined with these new aspects of talking to people in order to find out about their experiences (practitioner research).
REMEMBER IN PART 6 WHEN YOU ARE TRYING OUT VARIOUS TOOLS OR METHODS - THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE WITH OTHERS ON BAPP OR PEERS - NOT SENDING OUT TO 'MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC' - THAT IS FOR THE INQUIRY AFTER YOU HAVE RECEIVED ETHICAL PERMISSION (THERE IS AN ETHCS FORM)
1. ETHICS FORM - WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND WHO YOU ARE GOING TO TALK TO
2. AWARD TITLE - WHAT YOU WANT YOUR DEGREE TO BE CALLED
3. EMPLOYER SUPPORT - SO LETTING YOUR 'GATEKEEPERS' AT WORK KNOW THAT YOU ARE DOING AN INQUIRY IN YOUR WORKPLACE - THEY NEED TO KNOW IT IS HAPPENING AND GIVE YOU PERMISSION. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A 'BOSS' OR ARE NOT USING A SPECIFIC WORKPLACE - THIS CAN BE SIGNED BY A PEER PROFESSIONAL WHO CAN ADVISE YOU ABOUT PROFESSIONAL AND ETHICAL PRACTICE DURING THE INQUIRY.
Duration and feedback p. 20
These tasks should be carried out during teaching weeks 7-10 and formative
feedback up to end of week 10 via staff Blogs will be given by the academic advisors.
Written feedback on professional inquiry plans will be given on drafts received by
your adviser by the end of Week 10.
The Outline for your plan is as follows:
Outline of the Inquiry Plan
Use the following headings for your inquiry plan:
• Title of Inquiry (a working title of your inquiry)
• Context of the Inquiry (why it is important and who will benefit)
• Rationale and Inquiry Question(s)
• Aims / Objectives (explain what you are actually going to do in the inquiry)
• Literature and Publicly available Ideas – what is already known about the
topic of your inquiry?
• Inquiry tools that you will use and why (based on your review of pilots
conducted with SIGs)
• Approach to analysis of information you will collect in the inquiry
• Ethical practice in your inquiry
• Resources Needed
Here are some of the questions which your plan could include and you could
use this as a guide in order to structure the plan.
• Why is your inquiry important?
• Who will benefit?
• How will they benefit?
• What is already known about your line of inquiry?
• How will you go about the inquiry?
• Why will you go about it that way?
• How will you ensure that ethical considerations are adhered to?
• What order of activities / time span will you employ?
THE 3 FORMS HAVE BEEN SENT TO YOU AND ARE UP ON THE MYLEARNING WBS3630 SITE.
You also need to submit your Critical Reflection that should be put on your public
blog and then included (cut and paste text and images) as Appendix in your plan.
Don’t forget to submit your three Professional Inquiry Forms.