Search This Blog

Tuesday 5 April 2011

3835 Update Questions

I sen this out and wondered if others might find it helpful. Soon I will have blogs up about reveiwing literature, other tools analysis and 'the plan'.

Please get back to me if you have not form my own advisees - I have heard from Laura, Ellie M, Natalie, Mark, Colleen, Mina, Pearl but not everyone - can you please send now? plans no later than the 25th April


Everyone on WBS3835


Could you please send me an email update...


1.      What are your research questions/inquiry ideas?
2.      What is your our award title?
3.      Are there any ethical issues you need to discuss for your ethics form?
4.      Have you done your employer/workplace professional form?
5.      Which SIG you are a part of and how you are finding communication with peers? How are you using the SIGs and BAPP network to try out your practitioner research tools? e.g. survey, interview, focus group – it would be good to carry out an informal observation in person but if this is not possible observe a video of an event that is related to your topic.
6.      Do you have your Athens password and have you been able to access literature from the library (like a journal article) to review?  Not all 3 of your pieces of literature have to be of academic origin – you might find something in a ‘quality’ newspaper (like the Guardian) – but it might be good to have at least one piece that has had an academic approach. 
7.      How are you coming on your plan? I can look at drafts of these and give formative feedback (especially through discussions over the phone or Skype). 


FYI - there is a newly named tab Wiki and Facebook tab with a new wiki for references on the BAPP Libguide.


Also Rosemary is sending out some clarification for the assessment of this module that we did from Campus Session 3 feedback via email. 


PLEASE CONTINUE to put work up frequently on your BLOGs, comment on others blogs, and look at tutor blogs for information and to comment.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Paula. Thankyou for your input on my award title. After reading through your comment and my own post, I agree that it is too specific, whilst carrying out my Inquiry I have comes across more areas that relate to this topic which seem to spark up more questions and outcomes.
    The idea I have at the moment is :
    "BA HONS Professional Practise (Challenges of the Profession)"
    Do you feel this is more acceptable? I would appreciate your feedback, thankyou.
    Jess Hunt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I commented on your blog Jess - you are going to do a great inquiry because you are good about thinking through feedback - BUT- title now might be a bit vague for professional workplace where you will use the degree?

    ReplyDelete