Search This Blog

Monday 7 March 2011

Images of inquiry

A little explanation here - I was talking with Lucy and was trying to describe developing the questions for inquiry as the difference between travelling on a train track - where there is only one direction - to a car journey where you go to other places along the way to inform you about the destination you may want to go to... so I drew this out as a concept drawing. Asking a fellow artist if this picture was clear - she actually said it looked like 'conception' - which is actually pretty close to the idea of inquiry! however - she went on to draw the little images to the upper right  that show 3 stages of thinking about ideas - 1. thinking of the idea as a sole thing 2. thinking about different directions to the idea 3. and actually agreeing that there is more than one idea so there are many ideas and many different ways to think about them - where this came from (theorist) we are not sure... so design your own version of thinking

I also mentione De Bono which is elaborated in this site and the 6 hat image

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Paula. It was really good to think about the concept of lateral thinking in more detail. It is a phrase I knew but did have much understanding on. I love the diagram of the six hats. I think coming back to that idea regularly when carrying out my inquiry will be useful.

    I really like the idea of there being systematic tools for creativity. I was thinking about this particularly in relation to my topic on the training of musical theatre students. When teaching a creative subject it isn't enough to just show or tell a student what is required of them. You need to give them the tools to develop their own path. It's interesting because I am not sure this was my experience of musical theatre training.

    ReplyDelete